Friday, August 10, 2007

COMCAST NIGHTMARE

Ive had Comcast Cable at my home 4 times this week, and over 10 times
since July 24th. This is how it goes. I call (area code) Com-Cast and push
buttons until the menu says, "to upgrade service or add channels press 3"

I press 3. I immediatly get a human. She asks me the 45 questions, and
I answer them all until she says "How may I help you today?"

I say, I would like to upgrade my cable to the one that works"

She asks if Im having problems, and I say "Yes, I have had problems
since July 24th. 10 different technicians have been here, and it still doesnt
work" She says, "Would you like to scedule a service Sir?"

I say, "Sure, but dont send another truck driver over here. I need a video
engineer. I do video engineering for network television, and the last technician
that came here didnt know what a 75ohm coax terminator was, nor was he
familiar with latency, or intermittent interference, RF, GSM, none of that!
So we need to do something different this time. Can I speak with a supervisor?

her: "No, we dont transfer calls, I can place you on a callback list"

me: "Ok"

her: "Is there anything else I can help you with today"

me: Is there a video engineer or anybody with a college degree
in engineering that I can talk to?"

her: "I can schedule an appt with a technician"

me: "10 technicians have been here, they cant fix it"

her: "Would you like a new cable box"

me: "Do you mean a receiver!!!!?
...


Anyway, it gets ugly. I lose my cool. I know I cant win. Just go to
Youtube and type in Comcast. Or Google Comcast Problems. Its
not just stupid kids at cash registers.

Oranse